Replacement for Mountain Hardwear Offwidth Jacke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

So my trusty Mountain Hardwear jacket has finally died a death and needs replacing. Unfortunately Mountain Hardwear have stopped making it and I'm at a loss what to replace it with.

I loved the fact it was a thin softshell for Spring and Autumn duties but with a really tough material that could stand up to everything - climbing on gritstone, mountain biking (and falling off) scrambling etc.

So what would people recommend, particularly on the tough front? Ideally the replacement won't break the bank as the Offwidth was a very well priced jacket! 

In reply to chrisclimber_1986:

BUMP!! anyone?!! 

bouldery bits 27 Nov 2019

Maybe try the Patagonia Levitation Hoody? I really like mine. Hard-wearing softshell with no backer. Keeps the wind off pretty well and the cut fits me ok  

Reach>Talent 28 Nov 2019

I was sorely disappointed that this thread wasn't about a "Mountain Hardware offwidth Jack" which sounds like ideal wide crack protection. Have a bump.

c0sinus 28 Nov 2019

I'd recommend the Mountain Equipment. Squall Hooded jacket. Even if it's not advisable i`ve used this Hoody thrutching up some chimneys up and down in the Elbe sandstone and it yet hasn't shown any signs of wear. For my liking it's pretty robust and fairly windproof. Breathes better than ripstop windshirts like Pertex and doesn't feel as clammy when the approach gets steep. 

They do have heavier weight jackets from their exolite fabric if the 300gram doesn't feel substantial enough. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...