Rab Baltoro Baltoro Alpine vs Decathlon Mountaineering Trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 09 Feb 2013
Friend offered me a pair of the former for the price of the latter. Barely used. How do these compare?
 misterb 10 Feb 2013
In reply to neuromancer:
no idea how the decathlon ones perform but i've had a pair of baltoro alpine trousers for a few years now and they are wearing very well.used mostly for cragging and general wear they are stretchy, comfy and well wind proof.dwr is average but isn't it on most products nowadays.overpriced at £100 rrp but if you are getting a bargain price i'd go for it
 Timmd 10 Feb 2013
In reply to neuromancer:

So far for me Decathlon zips on the waterproof trousers and jacket i've bought from them have both had the zips malfunction on them, after approx six months use for the £40 over trousers, and approx a year and a bit for the jacket, first in the hand pockets and then the front zip for the jacket. They've had quite heavy use and been stuffed in and out of my rucksack a few times a week when i've been volunteering, but i'm not too impressed all the same. The RRP for the jacket was £70, I don't know if more expensive gear from Decathlon has better zips, but it strikes me as a bad place to cut costs if they do.

I think i'd perhaps buy Rab instead, the on one my then bottom of the range down jacket which is approx 8 years old has been faultless.
 Timmd 11 Feb 2013
In reply to neuromancer:Ah, didn't read the OP, buy them off him. ()
 Darkskys 11 Feb 2013
In reply to neuromancer: I've just had a my simond pants this winter which were used nearly everyday and they performed really well.
The only thing I didn't get on with were the gaiters, there not breathable and made my legs sweat when working hard.
The zips on the sides for a walk in worked really well and they're surprisingly showerproof.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...