Prana trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james1978 07 Jan 2023

Prana trousers.

I got given some for xmas which were the wrong size and have sent them back but  now looking for some comfortable, non restrictive trousers to climb in. Can anyone make a recommendation of a model please? 

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. 

James 

andrewwaller 07 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

Prana ....in the correct size.

Flinticus 07 Jan 2023
In reply to andrewwaller:

Love my Prana Continuum Pants but I think they no longer make them.

Moon Cyper are great too

chadogrady 07 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Khaki-Pull-On-Chino-Trousers-With-Str...

picked up a pair of these and was quite surprised how good they are. Had a few days grit bouldering in them and they have been great. 

Mike-Lea 07 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

Ocun Mania are good

tehmarks 07 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

I pretty much live in a pair of Prana Stretch Zion - I use them for work trousers because they're ridiculously comfortable and breathable, but they regularly get used for climbing/parkour/walking/etc as well.

BattyMilk 07 Jan 2023
In reply to tehmarks:

I've a pair of the stretch Brions which are basically the Zions without a pocket or vented crotch.

Really nice fitting and comfy trousers but they wore a hole in the knee my first time climbing in them. I don't recall any aggressive or unusual knee rubbing, scraping, banging or dragging so was a little perplexed as they're advertised as "abrasion resistant" hiking/climbing trousers.

I contacted Prana who basically told me "they can wear out with abrasion" - hardly abrasion resistant then - no offer of repair or replacement and told me I should buy some other model of their trousers instead that have thicker material.

Shame as I like the feel and fit but I've chalked it to an expensive mistake and will send my money elsewhere in future.

tehmarks 07 Jan 2023
In reply to BattyMilk:

That's very rubbish of them

All of my old pairs have died by going through the knee - but we're talking about a couple of years per pair with plenty of time spent crawling around on the floor, and that's part of the reason I keep buying them.

OP james1978 07 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

Thanks everyone for all of your helpful suggestions. It seems that the consensus is that they're all good. 🙂

I think that I'll go with the xmas gift of the High Rock trousers but in a smaller size. 

Thank you one and all, and a happy belated new year!

FreeloaderJoe 13 Jan 2023
In reply to tehmarks:

Me as well. I more or less exclusively buy their trousers these days. Nobody else seems to make hardwearing trousers for mountain folk like them.

midgen 13 Jan 2023

For bouldering and indoor use, I like the Black Diamond Notion, as I prefer a tapered fit with elasticated ankles.

Current pair is 6+ years old and used 3 times a week, plenty of life left.

Al Cartwright 13 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

Some stretch Zions and a few other Prana Trs going for 50% off on Sports Pursuit!

deacondeacon 13 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

E9 Rondo or Moon Cypher. Ifind most climbing trousers too tight but these are nice and baggy.

OP james1978 13 Jan 2023
In reply to deacondeacon:

Thanks for the heads up. I've just had 2 pairs of prana high rock climbing trousers arrive  and if they aren't the most uncomfortable thing with tapered legs down to the ankle! They'll be going straight back. 

Wimlands 13 Jan 2023
In reply to chadogrady:

I’m wearing a pair of those now… I like them, comfortable and happy doing stretching in them.

CantClimbTom 13 Jan 2023
In reply to james1978:

If for some reason you don't go for more Prana trousers, consider https://montane.com/products/montane-mens-terra-pants which have abrasion resistant (cordura) on the knees bum and inside ankles.

Even better... their current colours include some that don't contrast the patch colour with the rest of the trousers so you no longer have to dress like a Bear Grylls wannabe with light grey and black patches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...