phone coverage ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyE9 30 Nov 2019

Hi all ..  

If I remember , Ive have had poor phone coverage when I've visited Scotland , the peak district , north and south Wales, (tbh most places away from cities ) ...   my phone provider is Three mobile..  

Was wondering how good other providers are ?  , Do you get service when you in the hill/mountains ?  

bouldery bits 30 Nov 2019
In reply to AndyE9:

I use EE.

It's variable to good in wild places in my experience.

ianstevens 30 Nov 2019
In reply to AndyE9:

What phone do you have? I’m on 3 and get signal in all of those places, bar the usual black spots.

Basemetal 30 Nov 2019
In reply to AndyE9:

O2 seems to be better than most, tho sometimes coverage is "emergency only" when you try to use it. Good to have a couple of services available on dumb phones. Text also extends connectivity a bit.

Myfyr Tomos 30 Nov 2019
In reply to AndyE9:

I find EE seems to be the best in Snowdonia. EE have erected lots of new masts recently and we find older phones cannot access phone/text signals but 4G is readily accessible. Anybody else experienced this? 

Tringa 30 Nov 2019
In reply to AndyE9:

I spend quite a bit of the year in NW Scotland, (Kinlochewe to Ullapool) and an on O2(well Tesco, but that is really O2). No problem with reception at all.

Dave

MJAngry 30 Nov 2019
In reply to AndyE9:

Get yourself one of these:

https://anywheresim.com/

We use them at work for data streams out in the wilds, pretty good. 

OP AndyE9 30 Nov 2019

I have a iPhone 6   ..   does the phone make much diff ..    Maybe I should have gone with O2

Removed User 30 Nov 2019
In reply to Tringa:

> I spend quite a bit of the year in NW Scotland, (Kinlochewe to Ullapool) and an on O2(well Tesco, but that is really O2). No problem with reception at all.

> Dave

Hmm. I'm on Lismore rough half the year and mobile reception with 02, EE, & Vodafone is pretty hopeless. This surprises me because there are numerous masts on the south shore of Loch Linnhe and that radio signals travel well over water. I have wondered if the limestone ridges on Lismore block the signal. Help might be at hand. There's a plan to but a microwave link on Beinn Mheadoin within the Glensanda super quarry complex.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...