Phantom tech sole wear: one year in question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 smithaldo 22 Mar 2018

Hi all, now that more people have been wearing these what’s the consensus?

after two days in Scotland mine do seem to have excessive wear on the toe end, in that they seem to have rounded out very quickly, but is that just the intitial wear that stops, or have people been seeing it strip back toward the blue bit very quickly? 

random_watcher 22 Mar 2018
In reply to smithaldo:

There was a post about this a while ago that might be helpful for you

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/winter_climbing/scarpa_phantom_tech_sole_...

Also worth noting that Mountain Boot Company (Scarpa importers in the UK) have offered resoles with a harder wearing sole unit if you feel the boot is wearing faster than expected, might be worth contacting the retailer you bought them from.

joe.91 22 Mar 2018
In reply to random_watcher:

I've heard from the Climbers Shop in Ambleside that the new version of Tech's will come with the old Phantom Guide sole and that if you have the old sole with the orange inner, Scarpa will resole for you free. 

OP smithaldo 23 Mar 2018
In reply to joe.91:

cheers joe, that's interesting about the new version as I wonder how much weight it will add. Probably still be a lighter boot overall but blimey with the orange insert sole they are super light. I guess Scotland does abuse gear more than alpine and water ice routes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...