petzl volta 9.2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 15 Nov 2019

Just looking at the petzl volta 9.2 rope in orange on sports direct, but the colour pattern looks different to the ropes ive seen on other websites, is this an older version of the volta 9.2 with both white and grey flecks in the weave.

Iamgregp 15 Nov 2019
In reply to blackcat:

Knowing Sports Direct I'd guess it's just older stock they bought for a discount to move on cheaply, I'm sure it's fine.

However I wouldn't buy climbing gear from them ever.  They don't support climbing, the outdoors industry or have any detailed environmental & sustainability.  Chances are if you go in store nobody would be able to give you help and advice re. any gear.  They simply do nothing for climbing apart from to seek to make a profit by selling gear.  If we all bought all our gear from them there would be no independent, helpful and supportive retailers left.  

Can't tell you what to do, but there's my 2 cents.  F*ck Sports Direct trying to profit from the outdoors industry. 

OP blackcat 15 Nov 2019

In reply Appreciate your comment and agree with most of what your saying, all the reviews for this rope online going back to 2013 just dont show that colour pattern and just wondered how old the ropes are.

In reply to blackcat:

The date of manufacture is shown on the little label on the rope. Not visible on their website, of course, so you will have to go to a store and check - or test the service mindedness of the staff when you call them.

OP blackcat 15 Nov 2019
In reply to Stefan Jacobsen:My mate text me this aft to say hed found an image of that rope and the rope end label stating  11/2019, making this the latest rope ,yet nothing of that sort on petzl website.

Jonathan Emett 17 Nov 2019
In reply to blackcat:

I bought mine in spring 2019,a it has a different pattern, it alternates orange/grey, rather than (on that website) orange/white/orange/grey

Oceanrower 17 Nov 2019
In reply to Iamgregp:

> F*ck Sports Direct trying to profit from the outdoors industry. 

Yeah. F*ck 'em. And Needle Sports. And Rockfax. And Ellis Brigham. And Rock On. And Urban Rock. And V12. And Alpkit. And Bananafingers...

Trying to profit from the outdoors industry. Bastards, the lot of them...

Post edited at 09:29
 bpmclimb 17 Nov 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

Meaning what? That there's essentially no difference between companies selling stuff; none of them have any integrity, they're all as bad as each other? Or that there may be differences but you can't be bothered to think about it?

Oceanrower 17 Nov 2019
In reply to bpmclimb:

No. Just that the OP seems to think that wanting to make a profit is a bad thing whereas it's the reason for pretty much every company's existence. 

bpmclimb 17 Nov 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

> No. Just that the OP seems to think that wanting to make a profit is a bad thing whereas it's the reason for pretty much every company's existence. 

FWIW I didn't get that sense from the post at all, his criticisms seemed to be of SD specifically, not of profit-making in general.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...