PRESS RELEASE: Percy Bishton appointed Chief Routesetter for Bouldering at the Tokyo 2020 Games

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 27 Jan 2020
Percy Bishton The Climbing Works co-owner Percy Bishton has been appointed Chief Routesetter for Bouldering at the Tokyo 2020 Games.

Read more
 UKB Shark 27 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Congratulations Percy

john arran 27 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Wow, what an honour! Nice one Percy.

Tony & Sarah 27 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Well done & well deserved 

Tony & Sarah 

TobyA 27 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Well done Percy! Over Christmas the Economist magazine had a rather fine article on route setting in it which I found surprisingly interesting, hopefully next time the heavyweight newspapers of the world will be able to interview Mr Bishton as well as the French and German route setters (IIRC).

Didn't Percy once sport perhaps the second most famous set of dreads in climbing after Mr Moon's? I'm sure I remember that from late 90s OTEs.

Man city 27 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

I am amazed, Percy is clueless.

nice one Percy

mart

Arms Cliff 27 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Should keep Wide Boyz busy for the first half of the year, with all the national teams trying desperately to learn how to jam! 

Philb1950 28 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Percy’s probs. are really interesting and technical. The Works might be a little scruffy compared to The Depot etc. but the problems are clever and enjoyable, as opposed to the simple pull them or fail of other bouldering walls

paul mitchell 11 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Do a few more on the grit too, Percy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...