NEW REVIEW: Patagonia Ultralight Down Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 Jul 2012
Sarah testing the Patagonia UL Down Jacket, 4 kbSarah Stirling reviews the Patagonia Ultralight Down Jacket.

Back in Spring 2011, Patagonia introduced 'the lightest piece of insulation ever made - not just a new product but a new product category'. Quite a tagline...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4612

JayPee630 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Fine piece, but to be a pedant... "it weighs literally nothing"... really?!
 Sarah Stirling 05 Jul 2012
In reply to JayPee630: LOL, typical! To be honest I was going to go and look in my cupboard for something to compare the weight to, and forgot. So, thanks for reminding me. It weighs about the same as 4 regular size Mars bars (58g each), and I have now changed this in the review...

Sarah
 JayPee630 05 Jul 2012
In reply to Sarah Stirling - UKC/UKH:

Sorry, didn't mean be an arse, but that misuse of 'literally' thing annoys me!

Good review anyway!
 Sarah Stirling 05 Jul 2012
In reply to JayPee630: No probs, trying to be really accurate to avoid forum pedantry is all part of the fun of writing for UKC FYI I've also added a photo to show how thin it is.
 Ricky Martin 06 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Am I getting tight in my old age or is UL Down and Syntetic insulation really expensive for what your getting?

£240 for the UL Down Jacket and £160 I know top fabrics and fillings cost but I have a Moutain Equipment Xero Sleeping bag with nearly 4 times the amount of Down and lots more fabric and complicated construction yet that retails for "only" £280.

I know Patagonia stuff is good stuff and pricy I have a lot of it I've picke up in sales

ericinbristol 06 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

dreich not driech.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...