Patagonia DAS parka sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emma24 01 Feb 2023

Been looking at the Patagonia DAS parka and wondering about sizing, it reviews as on the larger side but I need it to fit comfortably over layers, including a mid layer insulated jacket and shell. 
I’m about 5.6 & 58kg so would usually fit a small, but wondering if medium or larger gives more room? I’ve not seen the woman’s stocked to try so would be ordering online. 

jamie_bkc 01 Feb 2023
In reply to Emma24:

Can't comment directly on the womens but I'm 5'7 (and male) and fit small in patagonia items. I tried on the DAS and DAS light, for the Parka I would buy small and have plenty room to throw it over the top of my winter layers, I could buy medium and may have more space over lots and lots of layers but would be drowning with only a fleece and a shell underneath.

The Das light is cut like a puffy midlayer so I would need to go medium to use it as a winter belay jacket. Hope that helps.

nathan79 01 Feb 2023
In reply to Emma24:

Mine is an older DAS, and men's version but I bought it in large expecting it to be oversized but I find it on the snug side and feel an XL would've fit the bill better. (Bought mine second hand).

Brian Pollock 02 Feb 2023
In reply to Emma24:

The men's version is cut like a belay jacket. I didn't need to size up to fit over multiple layers in winter. I'd go with your normal size.

inboard 02 Feb 2023
In reply to Emma24:

Go with your normal Patagonia size. I have both DAS and DAS light, as does my OH, and we both find normal sizing spot on for going over other layers as intended. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...