Patagonia Baggies, bunching at seams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SebCa 25 Jun 2020

I purchased a pair of Patagonia baggies last year, wore them a handful of times, not for anything special other than pottering around in the sun. They were not used for climbing, swimming, anything out of the norm of general day to day life. I found that both legs started to ride up from approximately 3" from the bottom of the short, there is a horizontal stitch line that runs that way which I presumed had snagged and caused this, but with it happening to both thought perhaps not.

Contacted Patagonia worn wear, fair play to them after a bit of emails back and forth I sent them to their returns and they posted out a new pair.

First outing of them today, when I first put them on, straight leg and it was immediately clear there was an issue with the previous ones. Now after a day again of the similar, the most taxing part being taking my two children out in the baking heat on their scooters, the right leg again is starting to slowly tighten up and not a straight leg as it was this morning.

There is no adjustment loops in them other than around the waist.

Has anyone else had the same issue or is it just me?...twice?

Ben_Roberts 26 Jun 2020
In reply to SebCa: I have two pairs of baggies and they have both done it. But to be honest, I'm really not that fussed. They still function perfectly for climbing, and I don't think they look any worse for it. It's in the name, they're baggy/casual shorts.

FreeloaderJoe 27 Jun 2020
In reply to SebCa:

Never really got the whole "baggies" thing. They are just basic cut shorts/trousers made of ripstop nylon. I find the net lining on the shorts grates my man bits, so i cut them out...i always feel i look like i'm waering a pair of £2 swimshorts (...and i suppose that's what they are really, just with a patagonia label.)

No idea what the issue you're talking about is.

didntcomelast 28 Jun 2020
In reply to SebCa:

Own 3 pairs myself. 1 regular & 2 lightweight. Yes they do adopt an unusual shape with regular wear but too be honest who cares?  Doubt many people other than you will notice and if they do, they are staring at your crotch. I have worn mine climbing, biking, running, paddling, swimming and even washing elephants and they are almost indestructible. They still have the linings inside but I do wear trunk style shreddies beneath unless I know I’m going swimming. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...