Outdoor footwear a subjective view

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Thomas Pedersson 26 Sep 2021

Losing my business during 2020, made me re-evaluate my addiction to buying outdoor gear for 4 season walking and cycling. On a whim I purchased a new pair of Iturri Patrol boots, just to test out locally during lockdown.

Pleasantly supprised with the support, fit, and comfort and the plus point of having no membrane made me rethink my whole approach to my walking attire.

Gone are the Hokas, the Salomon, gone are the GTX jackets, the tents, The Alpkit, the Lowe Alpines, etc etc which I've happily sold for quite good money to buy two key pieces of apparel, single skin Ventile wind top from hilltrek as a windproof and summer waterproof,  a 2nd hand ebay paramo velez adventure for winter, and ex military worn Buffalo Special 6 and hood. 

Gone are the myriad of softshell, and other windproof garments, now relying on the above for both hillwalking and cycle touring. 

Gone are the closet of rucksacks as I can adequately manage with a Mountainsmith Day TLS with strappettes. 

I have since purchased a pair of new Iturri high liability boots for winter, fine with my Kahtoola K10s. 

Has anyone else re-evaluated their GAS. (gear acquisition syndrome)? Interested in your thoughts. 😉

In reply to Thomas Pedersson:

I suspect the anti-membrane faction will welcome you with soggy open arms. 

wbo2 26 Sep 2021

So far all you've done is buy more stuff - I count two new pairs of boots, 3 new jackets and a supersized bumbag that's no use for most activies needing a lot of stuff and/or a harness.  

In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

I do own a pair of DexShell socks I got for cycling but never wear.... 🤔

In reply to wbo2:

Nope I've sold everything in the past year. All the tents to replaced with a very big tarp from weather wise wear.. 

Its all gone most of it on ebay, and I got silly money especially for the paramo bentu windproof / fleece combos  and fuera windproof. The Hoka one one sky kaha boots I got more for than I paid on a black Friday deal. 

I'm now down to critical outdoor pieces, that should last a long time. 

DaveHK 26 Sep 2021

> Nope I've sold everything in the past year. All the tents to replaced with a very big tarp from weather wise wear.. 

> Its all gone most of it on ebay, and I got silly money especially for the paramo bentu windproof / fleece combos  and fuera windproof. The Hoka one one sky kaha boots I got more for than I paid on a black Friday deal. 

> I'm now down to critical outdoor pieces, that should last a long time. 

Whooooosh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...