Old friend #2 (pink) equivalent new?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 25 Jun 2020

Lost my old #2 friend.  Not quite "old" as in rigid stem but single axle.

Is the "new" #2 (double axle) the closest WC replacement?  Anyone know any deals?  Friends have got a bit more expensive since I bought it last time!

Jon Read 25 Jun 2020
In reply to Removed UserBilberry:

Message me, I've drawn up a old-to-new cam conversion chart, for my own benefit when working this out too! Everything is orientated around BD camelots sizes now.

TobyA 25 Jun 2020

> Is the "new" #2 (double axle) the closest WC replacement?

Off the top of my head, no, the new one will be bigger. 

There are very few single axle cams left in medium to big sizes. This table https://rockrun.com/blogs/product-information/cam-size-comparison-chart seems to suggest the new Friend 2 is basically the same size as Camalot 2. DMM units of the same colours having different numbers but are basically the same size as BD and WC of the same colour.

PaulJepson 25 Jun 2020

I have a WC Helium Friend 2 (which I think is the same size 2 as the older technical friends), which is roughly the equivalent of the .7 Black Diamond C4 (green), if you wanted to go down that route. 

It must have been quite difficult for WC to accept and adopt the BD sizing and colour scheme. 

PaulJepson 25 Jun 2020

Or if you want a like-for-like, there is a very shiny unused-looking size 2 solid stem on ebay. Search for 'Wild Country Friend 2'. It's £25.99. (not sure if it is against the rules to post that here but it's not my advert...so sorry)
 Martin Bennett 25 Jun 2020

If you decide on the New Friend option I have a size 2 to sell, as well as a size 3. Unused so as new. Let me know if of interest.

AlanLittle 25 Jun 2020

It's somewhere around green in Dragon/C4/Totem sizes

Removed User 25 Jun 2020
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Hi Martin; how much would you like for the #2?

The new equivalent size 2 for wc friends is 0.75 (green). 

When I reach for it I still think size 2, etc, rather than the new numbers. 

Martin Bennett 25 Jun 2020

Hi - I've sent a message. Hope you can see it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...