Odd sized climbing shoes (help)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lukeypcs 10 Mar 2019

I am a 40.5 euro in right foot, 39.5 in left foot.

does anyone know anywhere that sells odd sized shoes? Or anyone who has any of these sizes available preferably brand new climbing shoes!

thanks! 

In reply to lukeypcs:

Argh, so close! I'm around 39 left foot, 38 right foot. And I have literally a bag of unused shoes because of repeatedly buying 2 pairs during sales and thus having a collection of redundant shoes. Happy to send any that are any use to you for the price of postage (I'm in Ireland though, so factor that in) - I'll pm you a list in case anything is of use. 

In terms of buying split sizes, as previously mentioned, there is the EB Split. Also, Andrea Boldrini sell split sizes on some models on their website http://www.andrea-boldrini.com/en/. Butora apparently do so as well, but seem to be just in the US. 

Evolv do split sizes on their US site, and their European importers http://beyondhope.co.uk/ have in the past sorted me out a split pair for £30 extra on top of the usual price - it took several months to come through though.

Dave Musgrove 11 Mar 2019
In reply to lukeypcs:

I have an odd pair of Anasazi 5.10 velcros, brand new. 41.5  (UK 7.5) Left ; and 41 (UK 7) Right; if they are of any use to anyone? 

Post edited at 19:53
 acrkirby 12 Mar 2019
In reply to lukeypcs:

I think there's an amputees charity that sells odd sized shoes on ebay semi-frequently.

I got a pair of  brand new odd sized jokers for a tenner in October last year.

Have a look and see if any are currently up

hpil 12 Mar 2019
In reply to Dave Musgrove:

what street shoe size are you? I'm presuming these are the left-overs from two pairs, ie your using the 41.5 right & 41 left?

Dave Musgrove 13 Mar 2019
In reply to hpil:

These are just two odd boots left over from the old Leeds Wall shop. I presume someone bought the others by mistake. Make me an offer and I'll put the proceeds into the Climbers against Cancer charity. 

OP lukeypcs 16 Mar 2019
In reply to acrkirby:

Where can I access this eBay shop?

thanks! 

Luke90 16 Mar 2019

In reply to Paul Sagar:

If you're gonna be a dick about it, might as well go the whole hog and just start shoplifting. I'm not sure what the position is legally but from my perspective what you're suggesting sounds pretty close to theft, in terms of impact on the shop. On top of the impact on other customers that you've already acknowledged.

Martin Bennett 16 Mar 2019
In reply to lukeypcs:

Sorry I can't help with the odd shoes, though like most my feet are about a half size different from one another.

I'm putting in my five penn'orth on another matter arising. I've tried but can't let it go - I have to say how incredible I find it that not one but two of your respondents seem proud, exultant almost, to admit their dishonesty in what seems to be stealing from suppliers. I recall buying an odd 'not-pair' from Simon at what was then Outside shop in Llanberis. He reckoned they'd been duped in this way and had, as a consequence, to offer the odd ones at £25 instead of the £75 or so list price, thus making a net loss on the  two pairs they'd bought. I have little doubt this will be the result of these more recent retail triumphs. But it's OK because "they never check"!

I'd not like to climb in such ill gotten gains.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...