Not so tight tights

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JB 14 May 2021

Can anyone recommend mens tights that aren't too tight? I've been wearing powerstretch leggings for home pilates and weights/ exercising as well as round the house...very comfy and slightly loose fitting. But now too warm as summer has arrived!

I have running tights but after something a little less constricting / revealing if poss. 

I'd rather steer clear of Ron Hills...

Lankyman 14 May 2021
In reply to JB:

> I'd rather steer clear of Ron Hills...

Stone the unbeliever!

OP JB 14 May 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Ive had Classic Tracksters and Trackster Trek previously but that's all in my past now...

In reply to JB:

>..... But now too warm as summer has arrived!....

Count your lucky stars. We bypassed summer and went straight into autumn!

Post edited at 12:41
 wbo2 14 May 2021
In reply to JB: what's wrong with shorts?

Rob Parsons 14 May 2021
In reply to JB:

> I'd rather steer clear of Ron Hills...

Weird, since they are perfect for your requirements, and also cost f*ck all.

Each to his/her own, though.

In reply to Naechi:

There used to be a time when Montane provided good information about the materials they used. I have no idea what 'Maia stretch' is, and can't find an explanation on their 'Technologies' page. They seem to have forgotten what a hyperlink is.

Naechi 15 May 2021
In reply to captain paranoia:

MALA Stretch - its softshelly type stuff, also on all their womens Ineo pants.  

• 50D x 70D 80/10
  • Air Permeability: Max 12CFM
  • 250g/m²
  • 85% polyester, 15% elastane
  • Abrasion resistance 50,000+ at 12.5k PA.
  • 4 way stretch and a PFC Free DWR. Bluesign

but your right - not on the website...

wilkesley 15 May 2021
In reply to Naechi:

Check the leg length. I have bought Montane trousers before and they were way too short. I have a 34" inside leg and although Montane claimed to sell a longer leg version they were never available.

didntcomelast 15 May 2021
In reply to JB:I have some Fjallraven Abisko men’s tights  they have 4 pockets (small granted) a zip fly and belt loops. They are reinforced on the knees and seat. I use them for mountain biking, climbing and messing about when one pair of pants can do all the Tasks. Expensive but they have been well used and still look in good nick. 

In reply to Naechi:

>  its softshelly type stuff

Thanks. Even that basic information is lacking... I had no idea if it was something like powerstretch, or a softshell, or simple fabric...

tehmarks 12 Jun 2021
In reply to JB:

It's decided then: what you really need is actually a pair of wedge heels.

Cobra_Head 12 Jun 2021
In reply to wbo2:

> what's wrong with shorts?

This

In reply to JB:

Decathlon must have something that fit the bill?

dovebiker 12 Jun 2021

I've got a pair of the Montane Pro pants - they are made from a heavier weight, stretchy lycra material with a harder wearing fabric over the backside and the knees. Very comfortable, good fit and summer wear for up on the hill, but probably too warm for indoor exercise IME.  I'm not sure of the durability of the fabric as there's some surface pilling already - thankfully I didn't pay full price.

There are some baggier-fit running tights about - I've got some Asics ones that I picked up in their outlet shop a few years ago. But if you're only wearing them in the house, who's looking?

I agree on Ron Hills - best left in the 1990s, cheap, crackly polyester only good for making your hair stand on end...

top cat 12 Jun 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> This

Shorts are great until you go off road and through the nettles and such like.    I never wear them for this reason.

In reply to top cat:

> Shorts are great until you go off road and through the nettles and such like.    I never wear them for this reason.

The OP says "...for home pilates and weights/ exercising as well as round the house...very comfy and slightly loose fitting. But now too warm as summer has arrived!"

olddirtydoggy 13 Jun 2021
In reply to JB:

I'd throw in another recommendation for the Montane leggings but also second caution on the leg length. I had to trawl the web for the long leg sizes and I'm only 5 11" so reasonably tall but by no means a giant.

Post edited at 18:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...