New Miura VS model

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climber_Bill 24 Mar 2023

Hi,

Probably a bit too soon, but has anyone tried on or used the new 2023 la Sportiva Miura VS?

Apparently the width, fit, last and comfort are all the same as the old model, but the heel is a bit narrower from what I can tell in this video;

youtube.com/watch?v=IlquP9zoIpM&

Thanks.

CB.

Garethza 24 Mar 2023
In reply to Climber_Bill:

Ive always thought the heel was a bit clunky so would be good for them to tighten it up a bit. Hopefully its not like the Anasazis remake.. 

OP Climber_Bill 24 Mar 2023
In reply to Garethza:

Yes, agree about the heel. For anything that requires a crucial heel hook I use the Skwamas.

>  Hopefully its not like the Anasazis remake.. 

Surely a climbing shoe manufacturer would never change or get rid of a successful model?

I started using five ten back in the 90's after La Sportiva stopped making the Kendos. I then moved back to La Sportiva after Five Ten stopped making the Anasazi Blancos and ruined the Pinks and Velcro's.

Post edited at 11:25
 nniff 24 Mar 2023

Well, La Sportiva got rid of the old Miura and the new one was a very retrograde step (says someone who is pleased because I was able to buy a pair of new old stock on here a month or so back)

In reply to nniff:

That’s interesting. I’ve never used the miura lace. How does the new version differ from the old one?

Graeme Hammond 24 Mar 2023

Not sure if I interpreted that correctly but looks like the new Miura 2023 is changing from Edge to Grip rubber so will be softer, griper and more sensitive but less edgy, hard wearing and supportive. 

In reply to Graeme Hammond:

That’s the low volume version. The standard version has the edge rubber.

There’s another La Sportiva video explaining that here;  youtube.com/watch?v=yIirotP6yDc&

The miura vs part starts at about 1 min 12 seconds.

RR 25 Mar 2023

The lace version is way narrower compared to the VS. For me it is a completely different shoe, both called Muira.

Hope the new VS forefoot hasn’t changed.

nniff 25 Mar 2023

Without two to compare side by side, as I recall the sole of the new one has a sort of scoop under the forefoot.  The shape is also different to some extent, which is the major issue for me as the shoe now gapes at the instep, making a nice receptacle for stones and grit - and a complete non-starter.  

Other obvious changes, like the colour of the heel rubber, may just be cosmetic, but after years of wearing the same shoe I've still found nothing better for me (edge-centric climbing style, trad, e2-ish these days)

Zgemba 28 Mar 2023
In reply to nniff:

Same thing with the Python, my all time absolute favorite. The new version feels totally different and does not fit me at all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...