New harness time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Afternoon , 

It's feeling like it's time for a new harness for me getting backing into climbing properly .  

I currently have the BD momentum , it's served me well but I've lost a gear loop and I probably need a new sizing anyway being a lot lighter than when I first started climbing.

Now a few years ago before my detour out of the climbing game I was looking at the DMM renagade because of the extra gear loops .

I see they have the renagade 2 now with 7 gear loops .  

Sounds perfect , is there any other brand or similar that I should consider at all ?

tehmarks 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

The Renegade (/Renegade 2) is the only model of harness I've owned*j, and it does the job very well. However I do find the gear loops to be a source of irritation; they sit close against the waist belt and it can occasionally be fiddly to clip gear back to them. The new design hasn't really done anything to fix that.

Beyond that it's a superb harness - if it fits you and is comfortable for you.

Carless 12 Jul 2019

I used the Renegade for ages and found it great

I'm currently using a CT Ascent which is also fine but only 6 loops with the back 2 being small

https://www.climbingtechnology.com/en/outdoor-en/harnesses/ascent

The Wall looks like a newer lighter version

https://www.climbingtechnology.com/en/outdoor-en/harnesses/wall

GoneFishing111 12 Jul 2019

Im going to sell my renegade 2 if you are interested. Couple of years old, maybe done 5 routes in the last 12 months.

Edit, just looked at my logbook, its more like 10 tbf.

Post edited at 14:32
 GrahamD 12 Jul 2019

The BD and DMM fit differently. I have a BD momentum or similar. I find the 'lift' of the DMM too short (distance from leg loops to waiste).

So try before you buy !

In reply to GoneFishing111:

> Im going to sell my renegade 2 if you are interested. Couple of years old, maybe done 5 routes in the last 12 months.

I will as mentioned above have to go to the shops to try these on first of all. 

Post edited at 14:33
In reply to GrahamD:

> The BD and DMM fit differently. I have a BD momentum or similar. I find the 'lift' of the DMM too short (distance from leg loops to waiste).

> So try before you buy !

Thanks ,  

A good call. 

GoneFishing111 12 Jul 2019

Probably a good idea, I'm selling this as it doesn't quite fit and has always annoyed me.

Carless 12 Jul 2019

not only try before you buy, but try wearing different amounts of clothing

The last shop I bought from were most amused when I tried harnesses while wearing just climbing tights through to full winter Alpine gear. Also don't forget to freehang in them

cragtyke 12 Jul 2019
In reply to GoneFishing111:

Pm'd you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...