New B3 boots time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jimbob11 01 Feb 2019

It’s that time where I need to replace my battered B3’s. Scottish winter mainly. Few options below. Any opinions, experiences and suggestions considered and welcome. I have size 11 narrow feet..

So far I like the look of..

Scarpa Mont Blanc Pro GTX.. seem burly and warm, look well built. 

La Sportiva Trango Tower Extreme, fit will be good for me especially the 1/2 size. Warmth and durability worry me. 

La Sportiva G5.. an unknown to me. But look good. 

Anyrhing I’m missing? 

tjdodd 01 Feb 2019
In reply to Jimbob11:

You will need to get to a good shop stocking lots of boots and try them on.  Scarpa and La Sportiva seem to alternate with respect to narrow and wide fit.  So just because one fit you last time does not mean they will this time.  Only trying them will tell you what is best.

acrkirby 01 Feb 2019
In reply to Jimbob11:

I currently own a pair of both La Sportiva G5 and some Trango Evo Extreme, which seem quite similar to the tower from what i can make out.

The trangos have been fine for just about every day i've had in scotland from winter walking to V,5 , with one case of cold feet when hanging around on a belay for about 50mins, surprisingly comfortable and excellent for longer ridge walks.

I've only had the G5's out once so far as I bought them to take to Rjukan where its a lot colder and a lot more standing around, found them surprisingly light on my feet and really happy so far with them, one warning is that there not as waterproof and to be careful when river crossing.

For both boots immediately replace the footbeds, the original ones are like strips of cardboard...

Hope that helps!

In reply to Jimbob11:

check out Boreal Arwa boots

In reply to Jimbob11:

check out Boreal Arwa boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...