Naturehike tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KS132 14 Apr 2019

Hi, 

does anyone have my experience of Naturehike tents? They seem very good (on paper) but very low cost..... too good to be true?

Thanks. 

MischaHY 15 Apr 2019
In reply to KS132:

The folk in this group seem to love them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/810403639029042/ 

OP KS132 15 Apr 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Thank you. This is a closed group so I can’t read any comments but interesting to note positive comments within a wild camping group. I believe they’re based on MSR tents? 

richprideaux 15 Apr 2019
In reply to KS132:

> I believe they’re based on MSR tents? 

I think they are based on MSR tents in the same way that many things on Alibaba, eBay and Amazon are 'based' on the designs and material choices of bigger brands.

They look like cheap clones, but that's not necessarily a sign of a terrible product these days. The weights and sizes quoted are probably accurate, the QC and warranty/customer support is probably inconsistent.

They look like they would be OK for limited use, but I wouldn't want to trust them in a Scottish winter or on an exped.

OP KS132 15 Apr 2019
In reply to richprideaux:

Hmm. I think I’m inclined to agree with you. I expect they’ll be fine in decent weather but I suspect they may fulfill the whole ‘Buy cheap, buy twice’ mantra. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...