REVIEW: MSR Habitude 6 Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 30 Aug 2019
Late summer sunset, but the kids are still full of beans... A head-height family tent that's light enough to carry miles from the car, yet built to stand up to kids and at least a bit of weather... too good to be true? MSR have only gone and made the tent that Dan Bailey always wished someone would.

Read more
 galpinos 30 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Have you ever used/seen a TNF Kaiju? They seem to do a 4 and 6 man and seem aimed at a similar market at a similar weight but a fair bit cheaper. Not sure they are still available though.

In reply to galpinos:

Interesting - no I'd never heard of that. Looks good, but I can't find it for sale in the UK. And it seems to be a fair bit heavier (8.69kg vs 6.7kg) which I think would make a difference to me

Spragg247 31 Aug 2019
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

The Big Agnes Big House 6 Deluxe is also worth a look - its bigger at 11.6 m2 (when you include the separate vestibule) - total weight is ~7kg (inc vestibule, 7m2 and 5.7kg without)

Dr.S at work 31 Aug 2019

Have alpkit discontinued the heska? Seems it would do a similar job with less wind issues?

andy_pemberton 02 Sep 2019

I have had an MSR Papa Hubba for 3 or 4 years.  4 person, about 2.9kg. It has been fantastic. Not as roomy as the one in the review but much lighter and lower, so probably better in winds. It has stood up to family life well. I take along an extra groundsheet as the bottom seems rather lightweight. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...