Montane PacPlus XT or ME Saltoro?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gordonbp 01 Jun 2022

Looking for a "one size fits all" jacket for low level walks in the Peak and mountain walking with possibly a bit of scrambling/climbing thrown in.

I've narrowed the choice to the above, and would appreciate any comments, pros and cons on the two!

In reply to Gordonbp:

As it happens I'm currently reviewing the Pac Plus XT jacket and trousers. I've been using them for several months, from midwinter into spring. Been hillwalking (a lot), winter mountaineering and scrambling. The jacket has inevitably seen more use than the trousers. As a one-stop-shop sort of jacket I really rate it. Sufficiently weatherproof and durable for regular foul weather hill use. Well cut for climbing. Long enough in the body to properly cover you. Hood fits a helmet. It's also light and packable enough to chuck in your bag just in case, and I've carried it quite happily on a few overnight mini backpacking trips. While I've yet to finish writing the review, I've not yet thought of anything bad to say about it.

I can't help with the ME Saltoro I'm afraid. 

OP Gordonbp 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Thanks - that sounds good and in keeping some other info I have. I think the Montane might win as it has an extra pocket!

In reply to Gordonbp:

I think it'd be a good choice (and that's not to denigrate the other choice)

Actually your enquiry has quite neatly summed up what this jacket seems to be all about. Do you mind if I quote it in the review?

OP Gordonbp 01 Jun 2022
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Of course!

In reply to Gordonbp:

Thanks!

In reply to Gordonbp:

Hi Gordon, here's the full review, complete with your quote:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/gear/montane_pac_plus_xt_jacket_and_tr...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...