REVIEW: Montane Krypton Softshell Hoodie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 26 Oct 2021

With a robust softshell fabric that combines a weather-resisting face with a snug furry inside, the Krypton works as either a midlayer or an outer. It's a good do-it-all top for year-round hillwalking, says Dan Bailey, though a few climbing-friendly tweaks would have made it more versatile still.

Read more

TobyA 26 Oct 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

It looks super furry inside! Is it sort of like a Buffalo (although obviously without the outer pertex)? If that's high loft fleece I could imagine that it would be a really warm piece, particularly once under a shell?

And are the snowy photos fresh - from the last week? Looks so nice. I'm still umming and ahhing over coming up for a couple of days as it's half term holidays - although the weather hasn't been great so far. Fingers crossed it might cool down enough at the weekend to make a quick visit worth it!

In reply to TobyA:

Yeah kind of, though maybe a bit more furry and a bit less like pile, if that makes sense.

Most of the pics are the week before last in the NW, a brief cold snap (I had to de-ice the car for the first time this season). There was a dusting of snow again last week but temps have been up and down since then (mainly up). It's apparently cooling down towards the weekend. Worth a long drive? I wouldn't like to say 

James123 28 Oct 2021
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Hi Dan 

Is the fleece bonded to the outer layer ? Is it more like a membrane softshell than something like a vapor rise ?

Thanks 

In reply to James123:

Hi James, yes sorry if that wasn't clear in the review. The fabric is effectively all one material, there's no drop liner like on VR and other similar systems.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...