Montane Flux Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 11 Oct 2021

Any thoughts about alternatives to the Flux jacket....I have the Prism and it's been a great piece of kit but want something a bit warmer.

If there's anyone with an alternative recommendation I'd be grateful to hear of it...

Thanks

tehmarks 11 Oct 2021
In reply to abr1966:

I've had a Flux for years now and it does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. That said, if I were to buy again now, I'd probably take a look at the ME Fitzroy for fit (and a teeny bit of brand loyalty) reasons.

nathan79 11 Oct 2021
In reply to abr1966:

Had a Flux, didn't find it that warm. I sold mine in the end as I preferred my Karrimor Avalanche, a 40quid Primaloft filled bargain, though the hood wasn't as good.

Since then I've bought a Rab Generator Alpine (solid jacket, sized well for chucking over everything) and a Patagonia DAS (just okay- not sized well for a belay layer, elastic cuffs I don't like, but a good array of pockets).

I'd buy a ME Fitzroy if I could justify another jacket or needed to replace the Rab.

Kryank 13 Oct 2021
In reply to abr1966:

I have had a flux for nearly 12 months and love it, but only used for belaying in cold weather (but not winter climbing), and for winter hill walks when stopping for a break etc.

only slight niggle is that the zip plays up sometimes. But apart from that it’s great. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...