Moka Pot star for liquid fuel stoves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

How do people rest their (smaller) moka pots on liquid fuel stoves where the pot rests are quite far apart eg MSR Whisperlite?

Is there an alternative to these, which don’t appear to be made any more:-

https://www.countryside.co.uk/msr/espresso-star

There are some on eBay but they are designed for domestic hobs which have 4 pot rests, as opposed to most camping stoves which have 3.

Thanks

Post edited at 17:20
In reply to Moorland-wanderer:

Bigger coffee pot. I can confirm this works fine on a dragonfly: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0045F9AQQ/

mcawle 10 Apr 2021

I saw a guy on YouTube just bend some thick steel wire into a sort of three petalled flower shape and twist the ends together, so that each petal could sit on a prong of the pot support of his camping stove. Just pliers twisting it around a broom handle or similar. Looked like it would work well. Had a quick look but can't find it now unfortunately, I hope my description makes some sense.

Snyggapa 10 Apr 2021

Stove top trivet reducer. Go into any charity shop once 'non essential retail' opens and they will have a variety in their box of cooking related tat. A round one should balance fine on the 3 prongs.

Post edited at 21:12
Removed User 11 Apr 2021

I usually just hold the moka pot over it to get the right heat. Jetboils are too narrow a range I've found to trust a moka pot with, but held you can get the perfect flow though a bit of a pain in the ass. If it wasn't for the sake of coffee I'd not bother.

Removed User 11 Apr 2021
In reply to Removed Userwaitout:

Sorry, not Jetboil, but same for Whisperlite maybe more so.

crayefish 12 Apr 2021

This begs the question... why haven't I been taking my moka with me on expeditions?  Normally I won't get up without one...

EdS 12 Apr 2021

Bigger moka.

IKEA large stainless steel one works a treat

tehmarks 14 Apr 2021

The correct solution is obviously an Aeropress.

Matt Schwarz 14 Apr 2021

We use an old MTB brake disc. Available down to 160mm so pretty compact. Use it daily at home on the stove for more stability.

Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...