Micro traxion cam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fellover 14 Mar 2019

I just bought a petzl microtraxion, then when I got home I realised that the cam seems to have quite a lot of side to side movement when it's not in the locked up position. Can anyone else with a microtrax reassure me that this is normal?

I should say that I've used one before and think they're absolutely fantastic - not trying to defame the brand or anything. I just can't remember if the one I used before had this much lateral play in the cam.

Thanks

In reply to Fellover:

Mine doesn't wiggle notably.

OP Fellover 14 Mar 2019
In reply to Stefan Jacobsen:

Hmmm, thanks - looks like I'll have to take it into a shop and try and compare with some others.

tehmarks 14 Mar 2019
In reply to Fellover:

I can't say I recall mine having any noticeable play in it either. I can check when I'm home tomorrow.

pinman 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Fellover:

If you are in any doubt I'd take a short video and contact Petzl, they are usually very hot on this sort of stuff

Smythson 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Fellover:

Just checked - mine has about 1mm of movement. The pin the cam sits on is solid. It's not had any major falls or abuse and as far as I can recall always had this slight give. 

LG-Mark 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Smythson:

Both of mine are the same too...

OP Fellover 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Smythson:

Thanks all, the pin on mine is solid as well - so far so good! The cam I reckon has maybe 1-2 mm of lateral movement, so seems like it's in line with others

Post edited at 22:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...