Micro Spikes Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiskavaig 07 Jul 2019

Hi. Advice needed please, on the fit of micro spikes, to a pair of walking boots, Scarpa SL size 11 are my boots. I tried various makes, Khatoola, Grival, and Mountain Technology, most had a good or reasonable fit at the front, but all had a loose fit over heel! eg; rear spikes moved about, some quite a lot. So to anyone who has used spikes, would this be a problem? or what spikes have you found give the best fit, take size into account. Cheers

timparkin 07 Jul 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig:

I would highly recommend extra strapping because losing the heel at an inopportune moment is scary at least. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076KD6Z46

Post edited at 17:51
OP Fiskavaig 07 Jul 2019
In reply to timparkin:

seems secure enough fitted to boot, but the chain and heel spikes move side to side, especially on Khatoola

Jenny C 07 Jul 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig:

Other half has Scarpa SLs in a 45 and hasn't had any problems with the fit of his Microspikes, although they are an old version with very chunky uppers. He wears a size large if I remember rightly. 

olddirtydoggy 07 Jul 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig:

Used Khatoola spikes on my B1's and also my wifes boots which are a fair bit smaller. Never had issues with either.

OP Fiskavaig 13 Jul 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig:

Update for anyone else whos interested. I bought a pair of Salawa Mountain Spikes, they are the best fit for my boots, out of all the ones i have tried, look and feel sturdy and well made. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...