PRESS RELEASE: Mick Fowler returns to the Himalaya in bid to make first ascent with a colostomy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 02 Oct 2019
Mick Fowler and Vic Saunders Mick Fowler has returned to the Himalaya in his quest to be the first colostomy bag user to make a first ascent of a high-altitude summit. In their second expedition of the year, Mick and climbing partner Vic Saunders will make an attempt on an unclimbed 6,000m peak.

Read more
 Toerag 02 Oct 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I wonder if there's any benefits to having a colostomy bag for HA mountaineering? Like not having to take your trousers off for a dump.

He's sure to bag it. 

Will someone please pass my coat. 

Lemony 02 Oct 2019
In reply to Toerag:

Well everyone knows how nice it is to curl up with a warm pee bottle.

joeramsay 03 Oct 2019
In reply to Toerag:

I went to a talk by him quite recently where he talked about camping out in a storm with Victor Saunders and feeling smug when VS had to leave the tent to take a dump

TobyA 03 Oct 2019

I'm no expert, but isn't the car in the photo a Skoda Octavia? Has Mick been influenced by the UKC hive-mind, or is the UKC correct-answer-to-any-question because Fowler appears to drive one?

malk 03 Oct 2019
In reply to TobyA:

i remember him posed by a red citroen bx estate back in the day when he was driving london-scotland at the weekends and i had one as my first car- i knew i had made the right choice

Post edited at 13:00
 dickie01 23 Oct 2019

Any Sting - Don't Stand so Colostomy puns yet? 

colinakmc 23 Oct 2019
In reply to dickie01:

> Any Sting - Don't Stand so Colostomy puns yet? 

I can’t help remembering Billy Connolly’s incontinence trousers riff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...