ME Tupilak 45 or Lowealpine Rogue 48?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GCO 30 Aug 2020

Does anyone have any experience and/or knowledge of these two rucksacks?

i want a sack suitable for multi pitch all day rock routes and therefore will wear it on the approach and during the climb.

the only reviews of the Rogue I can find, including the one on UKC only seem to mention the load carrying and approach aspects and not how stable etc. it is when climbing.

The difference in price doesn’t bother me, though the weight difference might be significant.

Any comments gratefully received.

TobyA 30 Aug 2020
In reply to GCO:

My understanding is the Rogue is designed purely as a cragpack - it gets your gear to the crag and keeps it organised as you move between routes. It isn't designed to wear whilst climbing. The Tupilak is designed for alpine climbing and Scottish winter, so might be more what you are looking for although I can't see why anyone would need a 45 ltr pack for an "all day rock climb". ME do smaller versions I think.

OP GCO 30 Aug 2020
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks Toby. I think you’re right about that. I have this thing about bivvying and early starts, so would need the capacity for carrying kit for overnight as well. I also hate attaching g anything to the outside of a pack when climbing - hence the 45L preference.

you were good enough to answer my questions about the BD distance tent too, so you can probably see where I’m heading with all this.

Thanks again.

jethro kiernan 30 Aug 2020
In reply to GCO:

All day  climbing packs would be something like an arcteryx fl30, unfortunately the straps and buckles required to turn a 45L rucksack into a 20L Climbing sack are Just a pain. 
one solution is the ubiquitous decathlon Cliff 20l sack stuffed into your camping sack Ready for the climbing? 
obviously that’s assuming your stashing you’re camping gear whilst climbing. 

OP GCO 31 Aug 2020
In reply to GCO:

Thanks for the replies. That’s helped me a lot. The Tupilak it is. But I am going to see if I can get away with a 37 rather than 45.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...