Massage Gun?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sealwife 19 Apr 2021

Anyone use a massage gun?  

Having ongoing problems with stiffness and tight bits, currently in calves but there’s rarely when one bit of me or another doesn’t hurt.

Read some reviews, baulked at spending £200 on something that might not help and found a special offer online with decent reviews.  A Renpho.  Got it home today and opened it with great excitement to discover that the damn thing is faulty and won’t switch on.  So it will have to be sent back.

Would still like to try one.

Anybody got any recommendations or are they all a great big hype.

John Ww 20 Apr 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

Yep, I had a go with one after skiing this year, and I'm not exaggerating when I say the beneficial effects were both immediate and lasting - and one is now on order. Until you try it, it's difficult to imagine just how effective they are.

In reply to Sealwife:

Use mine a lot.
I got a Pulsio one just before Christmas. I think it was £80 ish "discounted".
Just been using it this evening on a pulled calf muscle after a MTB "off".
I would recommend getting one with the different heads..

lboutside 20 Apr 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

That's a shame, I bought a Renpho and it works fine for me, perhaps try and get a replacement rather than a refund? I've had mine for almost a year now and it's still going strong. It's definitely a lot noisier than my mates' MuscleGun but considering at the time I could have bought 2 Renpho guns and still have change left over in comparison I can put up with a bit of noise. 

Post edited at 08:14
In reply to Sealwife:

UKC Actually reviewed one a while ago, Let me find it.

There go!

https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/climbing/training_aids/addsfit_portable_mas...

Tricky Dicky 20 Apr 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

I've used the £40 Wahl one, found it very good.

StefanB 20 Apr 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

I have got this one here: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ABOX-Hand-Held-Massager-Ultra-Quiet-Percussion/dp/...

works well and the battery lasts ages.

In reply to John Ww:

> Yep, I had a go with one after skiing this year, and I'm not exaggerating when I say the beneficial effects were both immediate and lasting - and one is now on order. Until you try it, it's difficult to imagine just how effective they are.

I am encouraged enough by your review of the benefit that I too have ordered myself a massage gun today.

I've considered it for some time and recently been suffering from a trapped nerve in  my hip , as well as wanting to use it for general maintenance after the gym sessions. 

Taking delivery tomorrow and looking forward to giving it a go.

Bobling 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

Oooh, didn't know this was a thing!  Says the man currently lying in bed with a seized back/shoulder.

JohnO1978 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

The Amazon link posted is very similar to the one I have, it is very good. As someone who has experienced a lot of injuries, strains etc over the years from running, crossfit and climbing it has been very good. 

sdw7300 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Bobling:

Off the back of reading this thread on Tuesday I order the UKC reviewed Addsfit Massage Gun. It's excellent - I get regular back / shoulder ache and five mins a day on this really helps free them up. A word of warning - it's powerful. If you're already in a lot of pain, using this is not going to be a fun experience! 

Bob Kemp 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Tricky Dicky:

> I've used the £40 Wahl one, found it very good.

Agreed - very good build quality, like most Wahl products, and has several heads, adjustable speed etc. Mains operated though, which may not be what's required. 

OP Sealwife 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Have now ordered the larger Addsfit one.  Here’s hoping it works.

In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

> I am encouraged enough by your review of the benefit that I too have ordered myself a massage gun today.

> I've considered it for some time and recently been suffering from a trapped nerve in  my hip , as well as wanting to use it for general maintenance after the gym sessions. 

> Taking delivery tomorrow and looking forward to giving it a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MT7SL2C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_08JC30K2... 

I picked up this for £39.99 and it's brilliant .  

Thanks for the thread to motivate and remind me to look into them.   

😀

Post edited at 03:57
In reply to thread

> I picked up this for £39.99 and it's brilliant .  

> Thanks for the thread to motivate and remind me to look into them.   

> 😀

As a further recommendation for the whole idea and effect of these devices is that I've shown 2 friends my purchase since buying it and both have themselves immediately purchased their own there and then.  

Seriously I think these are a really good idea for anyone wanting to keep themselves in good condition as you age.  Especially if you can get one at a good price.  

Using it on the soles of the feet would feel amazing after a day in the hills . It's getting packed on any future base camps. 

It's really helped sort out my trapped nerve in my hip already.  

Full marks 

OP Sealwife 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

My Addsfit massage gun arrived today.  Was just about to head out for a run when it came, so got it opened and had a quick dirl over my legs as part of my warm up.  It works, so already a major improvement over the one which wouldn’t switch on.

Have just got back and completed usual stretches.  Will have another go with it after my shower.  First impression is that it really packs some punch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...