LSR Burnley: repair times FYI

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yorkshire_lad2 10 Jan 2022

Just a bit of a heads-up:

Just been down to see those nice people at LSR (https://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/) who have always done a good job for me to ask them to resole my Zamberlan hiking boots.  Not unexpectedly, they’ve said 4 months (possibly less, see how it turns out) due to backlog and staff shortages (and they're not offering express at the moment, for similar reasons, I suspect).  Don’t imagine the other resolers are any different (haven’t checked).

As an aside: I've never been so glad to have a second pair of boots in the cupboard.  Last time I bought a pair of boots, they were quite hard to source (don’t know whether it’s end of line, or Brexit or covid etc), so since I (& my feet!) like them, I bought a second pair at the same time to “put in the cupboard” (I'm quite hard on boots, and they do get a fair bit of use, so having a second pair is not that illogical).  Never in a million years did I think I’d be needing to use them as a reserve while I got the first pair re-soled.  Having a second pair in reserve isn’t for everyone, but it’s got me out of a tight spot, and we seem to live in a different world these days!  I wouldn't want to be without hiking boots for 4 months: a couple of weeks maybe.

Post edited at 11:39
 robert-hutton 10 Jan 2022
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

Thanks, same with feet first also, it is great that person are getting resoles done, just now need the persons with the skills to keep the timescales balanced with person expectations.

Cake 11 Jan 2022
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

It could well be a very different matter for boots compared to rock shoes, but for information I took my rock shoes to feet first just before Christmas and they were back in a week although he was clear that it could be much longer. Hopefully it is quicker than expected.

robert-hutton 11 Jan 2022
In reply to Cake:

> It could well be a very different matter for boots compared to rock shoes, but for information I took my rock shoes to feet first just before Christmas and they were back in a week although he was clear that it could be much longer. Hopefully it is quicker than expected.

I took my rock shoes in October and got them on Monday this week, queue jumper.

But they did do a good job.

Post edited at 18:53
 Cake 11 Jan 2022
In reply to robert-hutton:

Erm.... Sorry!

I had no idea I was getting special treatment. Mine had, once again, a great job

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...