Low Volume NIAD VCS for Big Feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BK 15 Nov 2021

Having spent a while trying to figure out how I get a climbing shoe to fit my requirements I tried on a pair of size 11.5 NIAD VCS today, they seem the perfect length and shape for my feet but have a fair bit of dead space above my foot and a little bit of dead space either side of the heel. Sizing down crushes my toes and there's still dead space above.

Noticed that the low volume version only go up to UK 8ish so that's useless, does anyone have any recommendations? Was looking towards the unparallel rise VCS LV but struggling to find how the sizing compares between the two models.

Cheers

G

(Roman/Low Volume)

Rampart 16 Nov 2021
In reply to BK:

I don’t think the LV Unparallels go bigger than about UK 8 either. Have you tried the laced versions (or really anything with laces - usually a better bet for lower volume feet)?

nikoid 16 Nov 2021
In reply to BK:

I've got narrow feet- Tenaya Masai work for me.

OP BK 17 Nov 2021
In reply to Rampart:

> I don’t think the LV Unparallels go bigger than about UK 8 either. Have you tried the laced versions (or really anything with laces - usually a better bet for lower volume feet)?

Managed to find bigger sizes of the LV UP on dark ventures so have ordered a couple of different sizes of those, bit expensive for what seems to be a fairly middle of a road shoe (maybe that's me not appreciating how good they are though). Hadn't thought about the laces and haven't actually tried many on with laces, maybe that'll be the next step.

OP BK 17 Nov 2021
In reply to nikoid:

> I've got narrow feet- Tenaya Masai work for me.

Do remember spending a lot of time looking at the Masai, have been climbing in Intis up to now but never really got on with the heel, as the foot holds and edges get smaller the dead space around my foot shoes up more.

OP BK 03 Dec 2021
In reply to BK:

Thanks for the recommendations on this folk, ended up with the tenaya tarifa. Fits my toe box really well without crushing everything, little bit of space under my heel but lacing it properly seems to at least mean that whilst the heel can squash a little it can't slide around the foot.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...