PRODUCT NEWS: LEKI Micro Vario Carbon: the classic folding pole just got better

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 09 May 2019
LEKI Micro Vario Carbon Folding The Micro Vario Carbon [£164.95] walking pole is always a first choice – no matter whether trekking, multi-day cabin touring or heading up fixed-rope routes. Featuring LEKI's new ELD technology, the Micro Vario Carbon poles just got smaller, lighter and even better.   

Read more
 earlsdonwhu 09 May 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

A hundred and sixty quid.....BLIMEY!

doz 09 May 2019
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Must be for a six-pack... Surely no-one's daft enough to part with that kinda money for one stick

Post edited at 21:27
 misterb 10 May 2019

Don't look as nice as the old version, bit cheap and plastic like for €165

Also beware thinking you can take this style of pole as hand luggage, I've heard that they could be classed as an offensive weapon by the airlines , you wouldn't want them confiscated, that would be painful

ScottTalbot 10 May 2019

I really don't understand the price of walking poles nowadays!? It's become ridiculous! I was looking at upgrading my old Leki poles. They are just box standard cheap jobs, but do the job. I just thought I'd go for something lighter, with a more comfortable grip, but couldn't justify the price tag!

earlsdonwhu 10 May 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

It seems to be a case of trying to over engineer a really simple product.....and give it a hefty price tag. Will they help you walk faster/ balance across streams etc better than much cheaper alternatives?

subtle 10 May 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

> I really don't understand the price of walking poles nowadays!? It's become ridiculous!

This.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...