La Sportiva Nepal repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chmckay 22 Nov 2019

Hi there, 

Looking for some advice please. I have a pair of La Sportiva Nepals and the the plastic bit underneath where the front toe bail is has started to disintegrate. I was looking to see if here was any way to try DIY repairing them. I emailed a couple of companies about a resole but the answer was along the lines of that it wouldn't fix this  

Thanks 

Craig

Basemetal 22 Nov 2019
In reply to chmckay:

How old are they? What has La Sportiva said?

OP chmckay 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Basemetal:

Hi, they are about 8 years old but in totally fine condition apart from that. I asked a couple of outdoor repair companies instead of La Sportiva direct. I'll message them and see if they can offer any advice. 

A9 22 Nov 2019
In reply to chmckay:

I think this is quite common with the yellow wellies. I had this on my last pair (after two resoles) and tried "redressing" the bail groove with a round file - it was not a success. Took them to tisos who replaced the whole footbed/plastic midsole thing for about £60 - that was a while back but might be worth a go ? 

GMohr 22 Nov 2019
In reply to chmckay:

Lancashire Sports Repairs look to be able to replace the whole thing including the "yellow and green" layers.. looks about £116 a pair though..

OP chmckay 22 Nov 2019
In reply to chmckay:

thanks for all the replies, I'm thinking it may as well saving up a bit extra and buying a new pair of boots. Thanks again

mcawle 23 Nov 2019
In reply to GMohr:

Yes that seems right. Had a pair of Nepal Cubes repaired by them including bails for about that (£116) earlier this year. They did a good job. Well worth it for me as about 1/3 price of what I paid for them new.

Post edited at 08:16
 Sam W 23 Nov 2019
In reply to chmckay:

Had the same problem and got them professionally repaired by Feet First.  Friendly to deal with and the work they did was very good.  Wasn't cheap (thinking about £120 but can't find a receipt), but was cheaper than new boots.

Looked at DIY options, but couldn't think of anything I'd be confident in.  Didn't want to be stuck halfway up a mountain with a boot that's falling apart.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...