La Sportiva Miura buckle damage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DBenv 22 Nov 2020
 webbo 22 Nov 2020
In reply to DBenv:

I have had at least 5 pairs of these and never had a problem with straps. Take them back to where you bought them and argue they are not fit for purpose.

In reply to webbo:

+1. I must have worn out five or six pairs myself, and have never seen damage like that.  I suspect the retailer will argue it's due to abrasion during use - misuse rather than poor manufacture - still, nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Climber_Bill 22 Nov 2020
In reply to DBenv:

I’ve had this happen as well, but not on such new shoes. Mine were at least 2 years old and had been resoled at least once.

When I sent them to George in athens for a resole, he also repaired the strap and included it in the overall price - about 33 euros.

TJB

willpitt07 22 Nov 2020
In reply to DBenv:

Yes. I've had 3 pairs and it has happened to all of them. My most recent pair wore quite badly after a week so I took them back to where I bought them, got them replaced and they sorted it out with La Sportiva I think.

I've put it down to overzealous toehooking on my part. But maybe it is a manufacturing issue if it isn't just me.

OP DBenv 22 Nov 2020
In reply to DBenv:

I'll try get them replaced and if not see about repair. I've checked George's website and it's a 8 week turnaround atm 🙁 might be too long to go with out these bad boys! Ive seen a post on mountain warehouse about the same issue as well. It's a shame because I really like the shoes! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...