La Sportiva beginner shoe review in blog post.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Good afternoon.

I have written a review of La Sportiva Tarantulas in my latest blog post. 

Any feed back would be great. 

Enjoy 

Sav

ewanjp 02 May 2020
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Link?

In reply to ewanjp:

Hi. 

I think you are not allowed to post links to a blog on here so I'll post a link to my UKC profile instead. 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=148472

It is the top blog post. 

S

For a first review not bad!

I would say that if you're going to review a product maybe some photos and also examples of use, for instance 'I was at stanage and did bla bla' or 'when I used the at the castle they bla bla' gives it a more personal touch rather than just what you've read on a website or someone else has told you!

In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Thanks mate. 

I will definately have your advice in mind when I do my post about CWI training.

I don't have any photos but I used various belay devices throughout the two days in North Wales.

Sav

Andy Gamisou 03 May 2020

Yiati grafeis sta Ispanika;

In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Γιατί θέλω να εξασκηθώ στα Ισπανικά μου. 

Rich D 05 May 2020

After scrolling down what felt like 10 pages of text copied and pasted from other climbing sites I was still in the middle of BMC physical training workshop 1, so gave up. I'd separate out your reviews into smaller posts to make them easier to see and read. 

Rich 

In reply to Rich D:

Thanks for the feed back and the idea.

Will have it mind for next post(s). 

A lot of the writing was from my own notes but I did use the pdf from the workshop to help me write it. 

My next one won't be that long. 

Sav 

Post edited at 16:08

I'm starting a new blog post about my CWI training and I am wondering where afoykd I put my reviews of The Petzl GriGri Plus and The Climbing Technologies Click Up.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Sav

I would try and keep the blog shorter and more concise than previous blogs. Chop out loads of the waffle.

2 paragraphs on CWI training and then 1 paragraph on a review. include your photos and videos to bulk it out not generic copy and paste from youtube etc.

Hope that helps.

It actually helps a lot. I'm thinking one paragraph for the 1st day at Beacon  Climbing and the other paragraph for the 2nd day at Indy Wall.

I think only the videos were from YouTube most of the staff in the last post was from my notes with a bit of help from the course pdf. 

Don't have any of my own photos and videos.

Sav

Forgot to say. 

I certain Malham legend is a big fan of my blog.

On a slightly different topic, my next posts - after this one - will be about outdoor climbing. 

Sav

Post edited at 16:40

I think if you want to do a product review you need your own photos/videos and experience using the products. I'd have to say, could be wrong, that I don't believe you have experience using both of these devices to their full potential so a review would be very much based on your personal preference rather than use.

I think the only aspect I haven't used them for is lead belaying. 

Would you like me to write about Tenaya Oasi? 

Which Malham Legend do you think it is? 

Sav

Post edited at 17:10

Allan Austin?

Good for Tenaya thanks

Nope. 

He likes The Foundry and Kendal Wall. 

Robin Barley?

Nope. 

He is a Marmot and Five Ten athlete. 

Sav

Dunno.

Steve McClure 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...