Issues with La Sportiva TX4 comfort

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CussedTomato 31 Mar 2020

I recently bought a pair of TX4s. The left shoe is really digging into my ankle right where the top lace eye is. It's happening on the right side also but to a lesser extent. I thought they might just need broken in a bit, but after 2 weeks they're still just as uncomfortable.

Has anyone else had, or heard of anyone that has had a similar issue? 

Is this something that I could write to La Sportiva about and potentially get another pair? Could it be a manufacturing issue? Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks

Andypeak 31 Mar 2020
In reply to CussedTomato:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like they just don't suit you. 

AlanLittle 31 Mar 2020

I'm afraid Andy's right. Buying shoes that don't fit you - generally not a good idea.

I often have the same problem: I have very prominent lumpy ankle bones, and I find a lot of approach and trail shoes are cut higher than normal running shoes on the outside of the ankle and dig in painfully. It's quite difficult to find ones that don't - the best I ever had were some old Inov-8's that they don't make any more  

Post edited at 19:19
 Andypeak 31 Mar 2020
In reply to AlanLittle:

I find its impossible to tell if a shoe or boot fits until I've walked 20 miles in them and by that time it's too late to do anything about it. Once I find a model which fits I don't change unless they stop making them. 

wbo2 31 Mar 2020
In reply to CussedTomato:I had a similar problem with some Sportiva approach shoes.

Gave them away - nice shoes,  but not for me..

Sir Chasm 31 Mar 2020

Have you tried not running the lace through that hole?

CussedTomato 31 Mar 2020

Nightmare! I was hoping this was a known problem with them. They felt totally fine when I walked around the house in them for a day. Looks like I'll be out of pocket for a new pair.  

I tried lacing them to the second from last eye today and it helped a bit. I'll try that a few more times. Maybe I'll be able to use them for short walks. Just my luck!

Alex Riley 31 Mar 2020

What size are they

CussedTomato 31 Mar 2020
In reply to Alex Riley:

Haha they're a size 43

Andrew Lodge 31 Mar 2020

Sell them on, advertising on here often works well. Before you wear them too much

As a suggestion, if you price them at 60-75% of the cheapest price you can find them for you could well recoup at least part of the money.

It's worked for me in the past and stops a mistake being too expensive.

CussedTomato 31 Mar 2020
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

I'll try that, thanks. I'm new to the board. Where's the best place to post that type of thing?

Alkis 01 Apr 2020

Yeah, unfortunately, as others have said, until you have properly used a pair of technical footwear for the purpose you got them for you can't really know. Now you do. I have the opposite, I wear my Boulder X slightly small, intentionally. Ended up with that size through experimentation. Wearing them while sat down, around the shop, in the house etc., when my arches are fully up is REALLY uncomfortable, yet I can walk and climb in them perfectly comfortably, more or less indefinitely.

Andrew Lodge 01 Apr 2020

The For sale and wanted section

MischaHY 01 Apr 2020
In reply to Andypeak:

The trick is to walk the 20 miles first and then try the shoes on directly afterwards. By this point your feet are swollen how they would on a longer walk and any contact points are instantly far more obvious to feel than they would be with fresh feet. 

Works like a charm for me! 

Toerag 01 Apr 2020

How do TX4s compare to B5s in terms of fit, does anyone know?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...