ISOBAA clothing any good? Recommend a baselayer?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 08 Nov 2021

Hope this is the best forum for this sorry if not.

Anyone got any experience of ISOBAA clothing? I'm looking at their merino wool hooded baselayer on Sportspursuit at the minute?

I really want a new baselayer/hoodie type thing with thumb loops (or built in mittens), a half zip and a hood. any other recommendations gratefully received!

It would be for anything from casual wear to running in the cold to hiking and everything in between.

Thanks 

TurnipPrincess 08 Nov 2021
In reply to elliot.baker:

I brought a pair of merino boxers for my other half. He was very happy with the durability and the quality of the merino. He ordered two additional pair of boxers since then.

Birks 08 Nov 2021

Recently picked up a long sleeve top from them via sport pursuit on a mates recommendation, it's been good so far.

Haven't got a hoodie from them but have a ME a and alpkit fleece hoody thing, similar to the spec you are looking for. Body size/shape varies between the two, I always tend to use the alpkit for climbing as it fits better, and the ME one for mooching about in.

tony 08 Nov 2021

You might also like to try the Montane Allex Micro Fleece Hoodie. It's very light and surprisingly warm. 

My wife has a few Isabaa tops, also bought from Sportspursuit and is very happy with them. 

girlymonkey 08 Nov 2021

Yes, I have quite a few isobaa baselayer tops and really like them. They are comfy and they last well

HeMa 08 Nov 2021

I’ve had a few baselayers from them. Imho seem like any similar weight merino layer.

they will wear out, but that happens with them all. The differences you get come from mixed materials (more syntechics, the more hard wearing) or from the fabrik weight (the thicker the more hard wearing).

gethin_allen 08 Nov 2021

I've had got a few of their items, mainly good but I did get one t shirt that shrank badly despite only being washed with other merino items, some of the same brand.

Pedro50 08 Nov 2021

Nice quality but: bought a large zip T, too small gave it to the other half. Bought an XL still on the small size.  Cuffs are annoyingly tight. Large in Icebreaker fits me fine.

ChrisBrooke 08 Nov 2021

I've got a stack of the 180 base layers. They're stylish, warm and comfortable. Thumbs up.

LastBoyScout 08 Nov 2021

I've got direct experience of this, as been in exactly the same position.

I ordered their merino hooded top, although actually wanted it as a lightweight jumper, rather than as a base layer, and also their long sleeve zip neck top - couple of each in different colours, iirc

The zip neck top fit me a treat, so kept that - the hoodie was a bit of an odd fit on me, even though the same size, and looked weird as a result, so got sent back. Also decided the hood might be a bit of a pain on a base layer

I'm very happy with the zip neck top.

I'll maybe order the hoodie again next time I put an order in with them, to see if I just got an odd one/they've altered the shape.

mike123 08 Nov 2021
In reply to elliot.baker: got some for the kids from sportpusuit , really good quality for the money , as above sizes were a bit on the small size . I was just looking at the hoodies you mention .

streapadair 09 Nov 2021

Isobaa's fine, Howies too.

Top tip - wash them max.30c in either soap or the supermkt's cheapest shampoo. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...