Insulated jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ReeceBCooper 23 Aug 2019

My current jacket has now sadly been retired and I’m looking at a synthetic or down jacket for climbing in and also as a general insulated piece for British climbing I’m looking at using the jacket for the Cuillin ridge. 

nathan79 24 Aug 2019
In reply to ReeceBCooper:

You don't say what your current jacket is? Helps to know what kind of fabric and fill level you're trying to replace.

Martin Bennett 24 Aug 2019

I'm not sure if you're loiking for advice or inviting offers of 2nd hand jackets for sale. If the latter I have 2 surplus insulated jackets in Large size - say 40-42" chest.

A Haglofs Barrier jacket in black and a Montane Prism hood in blue. Let me know if of interest. 

tjdodd 24 Aug 2019

What time of year are you doing the Cuillin Ridge?  Summer or winter conditions?  Is if for just whilst bivvying or whilst moving on the ridge?

The one thing I would recommend whatever the situation is go for primaloft as it is damp UK conditions you will be in (whether summer or winter).

Post edited at 20:07
 Mr Messy 24 Aug 2019

Mountain Equipment. Fitzroy.  

machine 25 Aug 2019

Have you tried the NCB donkey jacket. Top gear, top fashion. 

mattc 25 Aug 2019

My choice it the Patagonia nano air light or standard with the hood both are amazing! 

BnB 25 Aug 2019
In reply to mattc:

> My choice it the Patagonia nano air light or standard with the hood both are amazing! 

Yep. This. Without a doubt. I have standard for winter and hybrid for summer. The only insulated jacket that is comfortable (ie breathable enough) to work hard in.

OP ReeceBCooper 28 Aug 2019
In reply to tjdodd:

I’m looking to wear it for active use and it will be for general craging so using as belay as well. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...