Inflatable Portaledge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MischaHY 16 May 2019

Weighs 1.5 kilos, looks like an inflatable sleeping mat on steroids and can be doubled sideways or in bunkbed style. Also has a rain fly option. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gradeviiequipment/the-g7-pod-worlds-li... 

Looks like a game changer. 

cb294 16 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

At first sight that looks like an excellent idea, but I would worry a little about stability at my kind of body weight (100kgish). I don't want to change the game to "collapse the bivy".

I would definitely consider buying one after testing, though, and anyway it is too late to pledge for their kickstarter campaign.

CB

In reply to cb294:

> and anyway it is too late to pledge for their kickstarter campaign.

33 days left in their funding period, and currently 305% funded.

cb294 16 May 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

You are right, but the interesting rewards are all gone.

CB

In reply to MischaHY:

My concern is for abrasion damage. Fixing simple punctures might be possible. Patching a large abraded hole not so simple.

snoop6060 16 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Gonna wait for the decathlon version me. I'm expecting then to bang em out for 29.99. I mean that just looks like one of their 5 quid airbeds and some ratchet straps. 

In reply to snoop6060:

I'm hoping it's more like their airbeam tents...

OP MischaHY 17 May 2019

I get where you're coming from but user reports so far seem to very positive regarding this. Apparently it can patched in a similar way to a raft. 

In reply to MischaHY:

Don't get me wrong; I'm intrigued by the thing, and like the concept. I'm just voicing concern about what I see as the main engineering challenge.

I spent some time a few years ago, playing with ideas based on the Krustyledge. One feature was sacrificial pipe sectiona on the wall side...

OP MischaHY 17 May 2019

To be fair a tyvek offcut or similar would be easy enough to suspend wall side and would add very little to the weight. Would effectively eliminate the issue as well. I guess we'll see how it progresses. 

cornishben 17 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Worth listening to Episode 174 of the Enormocast, where Bronwyn/Jacob talk about using one of these

OP MischaHY 17 May 2019
In reply to cornishben:

Cheers will do! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...