Help needed for Garmin Topo Swiss PRO map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
craigloon 02 Dec 2017

Hello folks, advice needed!

I've recently purchased Garmin's TOPO Swiss PRO -v4, RasterMap v.3 on microSD/SD for my Oregon 700 handheld. I bought the product second hand for a good price, but am a bit confused about how to use it, as there are no manuals or instructions. I have the GB 1:50,000 and Topo France PRO Montagne maps as well, and these came preloaded on single microSD cards.

The Swiss maps I've just purchased, however, came as 2 separate microSD cards: TOPO Swiss PRO -v4 on one card and RasterMap v.3 on the second. I loaded the Swiss Pro v4 card first and was able to see a certain level of detail in 1:25,000 scale, such as contour lines, place and feature names, but it doesn't look like the GB or French maps.

I then loaded the RasterMap v.3 card and was able to see what looks like the normal paper Swiss 1:25,000 map. So is the RasterMap card the one I should be using in the field? if so, what is the Swiss Pro v4 card for? Or is it that my device has saved that in the background and is now overlaying both sets of data from the two cards?

Any help much appreciated!
Post edited at 17:30
craigloon 02 Dec 2017
In reply to craigloon:

There also doesn't seem to be a winter version of the vector map, only summer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...