Hammock Tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JackDarch 11 Feb 2019

Does anybody have experience with hammock tents?

so far I’ve seen the Tentsile UNA and the Crua hybrid. Both of which seem very versatile, comfortable and cool, but they are quite expensive (just under £200) and weigh over 3kg. Is the comfort worth the weight and price? Or are there lighter options available?

thanks

Sl@te Head 11 Feb 2019
In reply to JackDarch:

I've used a Hennessy Hammock for years and prefer a Hammock to a tent. I would definitely recommend a Hennessy Hammock

JackDarch 11 Feb 2019
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I’m not a massive fan on tents so I definitely want some sort of hammock. Hennessy tents look  good but less versatile than the others as they can’t be used as ground tents if no suitable trees are available. I assume it’s much lighter though?

olliehales 11 Feb 2019
In reply to JackDarch:

I was eying up the DD hammocks, a bit cheaper too

Sl@te Head 11 Feb 2019
In reply to JackDarch:

On the rare occasion I haven't found trees I've managed to use the bigger of the two Hennessy tarps to improvise a shelter / bivvy. When out on trips / expeditions with a Hammock your choice of route / camp may well be different you're not necessarily looking for flat ground but you will need trees! I used to pack a tent and a Hammock when on sea kayaking expeds but in the end just went with the Hammock and a bivvy bag knowing that I'd be able to improvise a shelter if I couldn't find trees.

Sl@te Head 11 Feb 2019
In reply to JackDarch:

Worth looking on you tube about hammocks lots of good advice out there. Another big plus for the Hennessy Hammock....mines had lots of use and is pretty old now and it's so well made and hard wearing it still feels new even though it's about 12 years old.

elliott92 11 Feb 2019
In reply to JackDarch:

Hennesy hammock all the way. They're not particularly light compared to most hammocks but by far the best. If you want lighter go for a DD. I've never been a fan of the Hennesy fly's so use a 3x3 DD tarp.. Which can improvised into a tent if needed 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...