Haglofs Mimic jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fuzzysheep01 23 Nov 2020

Thinking about getting a new synthetic belay jacket and have come across Haglofs Roc Mimic and Haglofs Dala Mimic that I've not seen before. Seem pretty decent for the price. Anyone had any experience of these? Mimic insulation roughly comparable to Primaloft etc.?

In reply to fuzzysheep01:

Hey,

Mimic does work really well. if you pull the jacket apart Mimic does look a lot like down except it's a synthetic material. I've found it does a great job at warming and when wet it still works and doesn't hold loads of water.

Dala Mimic is the more fashion focused jacket and Roc Mimic is the mountain one! Worth looking at the Spire Mimic hood as well, uses a blend of Mimic and in non baffled areas a more traditional 'slab' insulation. If the budget allows though the V Series Mimic is the one to go for! Graphene throughout to conduct and spread the heat about!

As with all things Haglofs the credentials are second to none with over 90% of the garments being recycled materials. Except the V Series sadly!

Nerd Over

Post edited at 10:14

OP fuzzysheep01 24 Nov 2020
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Brill, cheers for the insight, think I might chance the Roc one but the V Series one does look pretty nifty indeed. 

Cheers mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...