REVIEW: GSI Outdoors Microlite Flasks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 04 Sep 2018
GSI Microlite montage, 3 kbThey're tough, they're light and they keep things hot for ages - and that's pretty much all you could ask of an insulated bottle, says Dan Bailey

Read more
 althesin 04 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Like this review, particularly the hand drawn graph of temperature drop vs time, I am definitely going to do this next time I have to present some data instead of spending hours wrestling with spreadsheets in Powerpoint to get some fancy 3D multi coloured chart.

angry pirate 04 Sep 2018
In reply to althesin:

Needs to label his axes mind!

tjin 04 Sep 2018

I like lighter ansd smaller things, but why is it a thing to not have a build in lid/cup anymore? Now you have to bring a cup or risk burning your mouth? (or wait untill the entire content is cooler, but isn't the point you can have a hot drink over a extended periode).

In reply to althesin:

UKC/UKH: we do the hard science so that you don't have to. Probably the first time I've drawn a graph of any sort since leaving school... can you tell?!

Flinticus 04 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Better if temp retention tests performed in the field as you will be more likely using on cold days, not 20C ones.

Do an outdoors test on a cooler day?

Euge 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

I bought one of these flasks on the back of this review and carried out the test leaving the flask in the fridge overnight...

8pm liquid @ 80degC

Place in fridge @5degC

7:30 am liquid @ 45degC

So lost 35degC  over 11.5hrs @ 5degC... That is not bad.

Cheers

Euge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...