Grippy winter b3 boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 21 Oct 2019

So winter is almost upon us, and im in the market for some new winter boots,mostly used scarpa phantoms since 2015,is there much difference in grip that youve found with different boots on the walkins where crampons are not suitable to put on so early, ive gone on my arse a good few times in my phantoms on just frozen grass downhill.Im looking at the g5s as they look like they have a more aggressive grip, would like to hear your thoughts,cheers.

ColdWill 21 Oct 2019
In reply to blackcat:

I use to fall on my ass in the old Kayland M9s quite regularly. The Phantom guide were pretty good having the same sole as the Mont Blanc and Mont Blanc Pro. Phantom Ultras different story but still not too bad. Presume you have the Guides so can't really see what the issue is.  The Nepals and G5s have a very aggressive sole that should solve whatever issue it is, if not could just be that conditions are slippy.

TobyA 21 Oct 2019
In reply to blackcat:

I think everyone falls on their arse on frozen (or thawing) grass once in a while. You seem to be describing the take-your-crampons-off-immediately-slip-over phenomenon. I think the answer is more likely found in Buddhist teachings on dharma, rather than relative sole pattern design. But just in case it's the latter, look for as much "heel breast" as you can find, classic vibram soles are better for than modern light low profile options.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...