Great customer service...Terra Nova

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JB 13 Jan 2021

Wanted to congratulate TN on some excellent customer service....I contacted them asking if I could buy new underfoot straps for gaiters I bought 10+ years ago...they kindly sent me replacements free of charge. They did the same when part of a walking pole broke a couple of years back...again product was well outside the warranty period. 

olddirtydoggy 13 Jan 2021
In reply to JB:

Great company. Sent me replacement poles for a Quasar free of charge after it got trashed in a storm.

AndyC 13 Jan 2021
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> Great company. Sent me replacement poles for a Quasar free of charge after it got trashed in a storm.

Ditto!

DaveHK 13 Jan 2021
In reply to JB:

Very different from my experience and a lot of the comment I've seen online previously. I know plenty of folks who wont touch them with a bargepole now because of poor customer service.

It would be nice to think they've sorted that out as they seemed to be a decent brand in the past.

Post edited at 12:33
 Iain Thow 13 Jan 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

I had some absolutely superb customer service from them in the past, when they were based in Alfreton, but when they moved to Clay Cross Sharon (who ran their customer service for years) retired and it's gone through the floor since. I had a pole break in a storm (fair enough, it happens), but it tore a two foot gash in the supposedly ripstop nylon (not fair enough, in my view). TN refused to replace it and I had to buy a new flysheet (and could only get a lightweight version as the full weight ones had a waiting list of several months). Won't be going back, next time something happens I'll get a different tent.

Phil1919 13 Jan 2021
In reply to JB:

They had a poor record with replacing broken quasar poles or accepting that they may not be up to the job a while back. Nice to hear some good things said about them again.

Babika 13 Jan 2021
In reply to JB:

Well done but it seems a bit random. I was charged £60 plus postage from TN for a replacement Quasar pole when a random drunk fell on my tent in the middle of the night on a campsite and snapped it. 

Now I keep all the bits and stitch together a replacement myself if breaks occur. 

Phil1919 13 Jan 2021
In reply to Babika:

I've got some spare quasar poles if anyone needs them. 

nniff 13 Jan 2021
In reply to Iain Thow:

'Ripstop' does not mean 'untearable', especially if there's a sharp edge of a broke pole involved.  How you expect damage like that to be covered by a warranty eludes me I'm afraid

Iain Thow 13 Jan 2021
In reply to nniff:

If the broken pole had just poked a hole in the fly that would have been what I expected (and has happened before, no complaints). What I still think shouldn't happen is for the hole to then tear sideways for two feet. It wasn't the sharp edge doing the tearing, it was wind pulling the fly against the (still) fixed point of the bottom section of the pole. In my view ripstop material should have enough tensile strength for that not to happen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...