Gilmonte Ropes, Unusual Supplier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Oak 04 Jul 2021

Hello fellow climbers,

I wonder if anyone has some experience with Gilmonte ropes? I am looking at buying some ropes and this manufacturer called Gilmonte was not a name I recognise. In fact browsing the Internet of Things it looks like this Slovenian company does not have much of market in Britain. Moreover punching in "reviews Gilmonte" comes up blank.... 

So begs the question if this is worthy of purchase or taking the stance of a wide birth? Can anyone offer some greater input into whether this is reputable company for buying ropes or not?

I am looking at the 9.0mm ACE rope.

https://www.gilmonte.eu/

Cheers

jimtitt 04 Jul 2021
In reply to Tall Oak:

Slovakian.

CantClimbTom 04 Jul 2021
In reply to Tall Oak:

If they are CE certified, and handle well, then the next question would be price?

On their website it looks like €144 for a 60m rope (not including shipping or any UK-EU nonsense, so it doesn't look like that much of a discount? I mean Rock&Run are selling a Mammut sender dry 9mm x 60m for a very similar amount to that. 

I have taken punts on rope not normally sold in UK before, such as Southern Ropes LSK and it was CE certified and good, but only because it was at a substantial discount!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...