Fixing MemoryMap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 20 Sep 2019

I seemed to have completely Bolloxed up MemoryMap. I shelled out for the complete UK 1:25000 map the other day and it behaved as if nothing had happened. When I told it to search my entire hard disk for licences it didn't seem to turn anything up. It no longer boots up, I just get the splash screen and the rotating wheel.

I'm thinking the best way to fix it is to remove it and re install it. However if I do this will I lose the maps I've downloaded and paid for? 

Welsh Kate 20 Sep 2019
In reply to Removed User:

No, if you reinstall it you won't lose the maps, you can download them again. I updated all my MM last year and downloaded it onto 3 different computers.

If you run into trouble you can always contact their helpline. They were very helpful with me with a rather stupid query about not being able to see elevation profiles - and it was just because the box needed enlarging (!!)

Mike-W-99 20 Sep 2019

Hi Eric, your licences can be checked here -https://w2.memory-map.com/login.htm

is this Mac or Windows btw.

Removed User 20 Sep 2019
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Windows 10.

Things started going wrong after the last Win10 upgrade.

wilkie14c 20 Sep 2019

it started going wrong at windows 98

Removed User 20 Sep 2019

Thanks, I removed and reinstalled the base software and things are now working fine. It even kept all the routes I'd made over the last five years.

I suspect the old viewer I had was too old and the Win10 upgrade was its death knell.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...