Faces Gems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nuts and bolts 20 May 2018

This thread has been done before but I was wondering if anyone has some Faces Gems for sale. They are my favourite bits of gear and it is one of my abiding regrets that I didn't buy a full set when they came out. 

BigBrother 20 May 2018
In reply to nuts and bolts:

I will have a look when I get time. IIRC I have about 4 of them. 

They were my favourite as well and I was always surprised that no one brought them back. As I haven't been able to climb for a few years and am unlikely to be able to start again any time soon there isn't really any point in me keeping them. 

In reply to BigBrother:

Huge thanks for the reply. Would love to buy them off you if you can part with them. 

I too have wondered why no one has produced them - possibly patent issues?

GoneFishing111 21 May 2018

Call me daft but wtf is a faces gem?

AlanLittle 21 May 2018
In reply to GoneFishing111:

A brass micro-nut, with iirc a more rounded shape than RPs and the various RP clones.

In reply to GoneFishing111:

They were like a double curved Rock made for a couple of years in early 1990's.  

Some people loved them and some found they jammed too easily. 

https://www.needlesports.com/content/nut-s-story-2001-a-nut-odyssey.aspx

climber34neil 21 May 2018

Indeed they were, I still use them and think they are great, infact I used some last week at wildcat and thought at the time that I was probably looking across the valley to where they were made (roughly anyway) I could be wrong but I believe they were made by Alison Hargreaves and Jim Ballard ??

In reply to climber34neil:

I believe so. Fri what I remember they were a bit too curvy, leading to them getting stuck a lot. Just the thing for modern marketing, watch this space for a re release by a cynical manufacturer. 

Purple 22 May 2018

Feaces Gems. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...