Excellent service -- free repairs Berghaus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Read 29 Sep 2022

As per this article https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/press/berghaus_champions_repairing_over_rep... Berghaus are offering free repairs on their products.

I've just received my old Goretex jacket back from them, which I originally purchased in 1988 -- zip sewn back on and all seams resealed. A beautiful job, the jacket is still waterproof, + breathable and will hopefully spend the next 34 years in use (which will probably see me out, a somewhat depressing thought.)

Thank you very much Berghaus!

Fiona Reid 29 Sep 2022
In reply to Jon Read:

Oooh, I might try this. My winter climbing jacket has a burst pocket zip some seams coming apart and the cuff velcro needs redone. 

Do you need a receipt? I bought the jacket back in 2005 and definitely won't have the receipt. 

OP Jon Read 29 Sep 2022
In reply to Fiona Reid:

I did not have a receipt from my 1988 purchase

Fiona Reid 29 Sep 2022
In reply to Jon Read:

Thank you, I shall give them a go 😀

CantClimbTom 29 Sep 2022
In reply to Jon Read:

I bought a rucksack ("Bergen") of theirs in 1993. It's still in use, although showing its age!! The elastic of the lid is baggy, I asked them if they recommend a repairer (not asking them to do anything). They responded quickly and apologised I was disappointed with the product NO I AM NOT! and recommend someone, unfortunately they are busy with a huge backlog.

The general customer service attitude from them for such an old products (from a different century!) Was amazing. What a great company to deal with!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...