Epic online shopping experience

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 01 Mar 2021

So, ordered a pair of my fave rock shoes (well, two pairs actually) from Banana Fingers (via epictv shop) which were on sale due to being end of line (the shoes that is, not banana fingers).  Did so with some trepidation, as they were to be shipped from UK to the farthest reaches of the EU - and, you know, with C19 and that which must not be named, I wasn't expecting them anytime soon (if at all).  So I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived in the destination country 3 days after ordering.  Unlike some gear ordered from a large well known outfit in another EU country (so not subject to issues surrounding that which must not be named) which I'm still waiting for a month after ordering.  Not complaining about the latter, so much as complementing BFs and surprised that the thing that must not be named didn't cause any apparent problems despite the well publicised issues around this area.  Maybe if I'd ordered "Weird Fish" gear it'd be a different story.  

Both orders were/are being delivered via DHL, although I guess the other one is coming via banana-boat (ironic that).

Post edited at 10:56
 crayefish 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Perhaps because food isn't taxed in the same way, your banana fingers order came through ok.

Having said that, I'm still waiting for the big box of freeze dried meals that I ordered over 2 months ago, for an expedition that finished 1 week ago.  Luckily, I've just recieved an email from someone in Cyprus, of all places, wanting to know what on earth 'freeze dried rations' are... once it arrives via Japan, I should be all set for an expedition in 2024.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...