REVIEW: Edelrid Sendero Harness - quietly competent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 Dec 2020
Sendero montage

"The Sendero is actually quite difficult to review because there is really very little to dislike about it" says Toby Archer. 

Read more
 Birks 19 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just a quick user experience comment on the Sirana - I wanted a 5 loop "harness for everything" leaning towards the trad end of the spectrum. In size small the loops overlapped and seemed quite small and far back, which didn't suit me for carrying a full rack. 

Post edited at 09:35
 patsaunders 19 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

I’m impressed with harness and what swung it for me was the ice clipper slots are between the gear loops rather than in the gear loop and making the gear loop nearly useless. For me it’s close to the perfect ice/winter climbing harness.

TobyA 19 Dec 2020
In reply to Birks:

>  In size small the loops overlapped and seemed quite small and far back, which didn't suit me for carrying a full rack. 

Not sure I get what you mean by overlap? Do they literally overlap- as in one starts before the other loop is finished? If so that does sound very weird.

Birks 19 Dec 2020
In reply to TobyA:

Yes, as I think you've described, so that if you were clipping gear back to your harness you may end up accidentally clipping through two loops at once - hope this makes sense!

The advertising pics didn't have this overlap, so I assumed it was because I had ordered a size small harness.

Sheffield Sam 19 Dec 2020
In reply to Birks:

Very helpful, thanks for posting this, I’d also take a size small and was half tempted to get one on the basis of the review and 5 gear loops however this could change things. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...